Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Neutral and Not Bee Blocks

I am a member of a fantastic online quilting bee on Flickr called Neutral and Not. Each month a block is chosen that contains one neutral color and one not neutral color. It has been fun to see what each quilter chooses for each color. I just finished the block below of strips in purples and greens that was simple to do and will make a very striking quilt:

Neutral and Not April

The previous month was stars of our choice with gray as the neutral and several shades of purple for the not neutral. There were some incredible stars made! Check them out on the Flickr page. Here is mine that was quite basic compared to the others:

Neutral and Not March

My month was February and I chose gray as my neutral and aqua as my not neutral. I asked for wonky log cabin blocks and I got some really nice ones from the group! Here is mine and several that I have received back. The picture does not do them justice!

Neutral and Not February
A few blocks I received so far!

This block, from January, is one of my favorites. Each block had to have tree branches and a silhouette of a bird. So cute!

Neutral and Not January

And last, but not least, my very first attempt at a Dresden Plate block in chocolate brown and green. I am not sure it turned out so great but I am proud that I tried!

Neutral and Not November

I am looking forward to the next months of this wonderful bee!

Sincerely,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment